А Catalytic Stripper is a heated catalytic element used to remove the particle and gas-phase semi-volatile fraction of an aerosol.
Diesel, locomotive, and gas turbine exhaust contain complex mixture of solid particles and semi-volatile material that is found in both the particle and the vapor phase. Physical and chemical characterization of these exhaust aerosols in the environment enables a better understanding of potential health effects, effectiveness of alternative combustion technologies and emission control devices, and the impact of new fuel and lubricant formulations on emissions. These measurements are enabled through the use of catalytic stripper (CS) technology.
Model CS015 Catalytic Stripper
Model CS08 Catalytic Stripper
Model CS10 Catalytic Stripper
Model CS15 Catalytic Stripper
The aerosol, a complex mixture of solid particles and semi-volatile material, is preheated to the preset temperature of 350ᶛC. The semi-volatile material will enter the gas phase and the aerosol is led through the catalyst. The size of the catalyst is correlated to the flow of the aerosol to allow for oxidation of hydrocarbon and organic material. To enable the oxidation process, a minimum of 5% oxygen is required in the aerosol.
In the heat exchanger the aerosol is cooled to ambient temperature + 25̊C
Thermophoretic losses in the system have been calculated and evaluated….
Each unit is provided with an empirical formula for the penetration, accurate for the nominal flow. If you require penetration factors for different flow than the nominal, we can provide these on request.Application notes
- Note 00010 - REFERENCES
- Note 00020 - CS DEFINITION AND DESIGN
- Note 00030 - CS AND TD COMPARISONS – ATMOSPHERIC AEROSOLS
- Note 00040 - CS AND TD COMPARISONS – LABORATORY AEROSOLS
- Note 00050 - AMBIENT MEASUREMENTS – PADDINGTON STATION, LONDON
- Note 00060 - SULFUR POISIONING
- Note 00070 - EMERY OIL REMOVAL EFFICIENCY I
- Note 00072 - EMERY OIL REMOVAL EFFICIENCY II
- Note 00090 - LOSSES IN THE CATALYTIC STRIPPER
- Note 00010 - THE PMP COMPLIANT CATALYTIC STRIPPER
- Note 00011 - APPLICATIONS FOR THE CATALYTIC STRIPPER